Thursday, July 23, 2009

Quick Mango Salsa


Lately, I haven't been doing much in the way of meal planning. Or, more accurately, I've been coming up with a weekly meal plan, buying the ingredients, and then totally throwing the plan out the window and rearranging the ingredients I've purchased to fit whatever whim I have on any given day of the week... and by "rearranging," I mean realizing I have roughly half of what I need for what I want and running back to the store to fill in the gaps. Good time management? No. Fiscally sound? Definitely not. But hey, I can't always know on Sunday what I'll want on Thursday. Luckily, when a craving for mahi mahi with mango salsa hit the other day, the only things I didn't have on hand were the fish and the mango, neither of which I would buy until the day I need them anyways. I love the play between flavors in this salsa, and it was wonderful on the fish.



I didn't write down any measurements for this salsa, but the recipe basically goes like this:

Mix together one mango, one cucumber, and a half of a red onion, all diced. Add a pinch of salt, the juice from one lime, a touch of Thai chili paste, and a handful of roughly chopped cilantro and stirred everything together, then let it sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes so the flavors can blend and the juices can be drawn out. Try not to eat it all with a fork before dinner.

3 comments:

  1. I love mango salsa. My favorite way to use mango salsa is to put it on grilled chicken...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Doing a little dance*

    We made this at MYYY house!!! With MYYY cucumbers!!!

    And it was de-ricious!!! I can't wait to make more! Brilliant salsa inventing skillz, by the way. Thai chili paste... Who woulda thought???

    ReplyDelete