Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Independence Day!


The hubs and I leave for Chicago tomorrow morning for a short trip. While we're there, I'll have a full day of nothing but one-on-one time with the city, so any suggestions about things to do are welcome. We've got some packing and last minute planning to do tonight and a very early morning ahead of us, but we're both excited about this trip and what it could potentially mean for us, so sleeping might be difficult tonight. For now, I'll leave you with the hummingbird cake I made for our family cookout this weekend. It's become my staple cake this summer, and I'm waiting for another excuse to make it again.


3 comments:

  1. Very nice. Man, I'd love a bite. If I were eating that cake, I'd insist on a cut with a blue rose on it. o.~

    Did you take those fireworks pictures yourself? Those are good too. I love the sparkly bursts! Watching fireworks, I was jumping up and down, clapping and exclaiming, "Sparklyyy!!!" everytime I saw one. Much to the chagrin of my husband. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have so much fun in chicago! I've never been but would love to go. This cake is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete