Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Grilled Pork Chops, Roasted Chickpeas, and a Sudden Change

Wow, my friends. It's amazing how much change one day can bring. I don't have a lot of time to post an explanation today, but the hubs and I are packing up and moving back to Virginia, and we have less than a week in which to do it. That's less than 7 days to pack up our entire apartment, say goodbye to friends, cancel our utilities, load the truck, coordinate schedules between us and a few other people who are helping us drive halfway across the country, and take care of all the other loose ends in this logistical nightmare. We're sad to leave our friends here in Kansas, and we wish the circumstances were different, but we're ready to dive into this new chapter of our lives. That said, I hope you will forgive me if my posts are less frequent over the next couple of weeks. We've been kinda busy. For now, I can at least leave you with pictures of what we call "the last supper," since it's the last meal we ate before having 2 huge bombshells dropped on us. The pork was just rubbed with a bit of salt and olive oil, then grilled; the chickpeas are incredibly addictive and you should take a peek at the recipe and go make them this instant. I think I prefer a tad more lemon and a tad less oil than the recipe states, but I never knew something so good could come from a can of chickpeas.



8 comments:

  1. Wow. Major life change in one week. best of luck! Never roasted chick peas - the dinner sounds lovely and easy. Some nights, I need that! And ... I always liked Virginia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well good luck with the packing and move!! i live in VA in Arlington... i like it around here but i'm sure the quick move is hard! the chick peas sound super tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how even during the most hectic days, you take time to grill.

    And I know what I'm buying next time I go to the store. I have everything but the can.

    Forget research. Anytime I need a recipe for which I have most, if not all, the ingredients, I don't need to look any further than your blog. Your recipes are usually right along with my pantry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Yeah, I gotta take some time out to make a decent meal every few days while all of this is going on. Glad my blog has proven helpful to ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicole,
    Thanks for visiting my blog, and for your kind comments! I'm enjoying looking through your blog as well. Take care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having lived in Burke, Va, near Springfield, for four years, I can say it's one of my favorite places to live. Just came back from DC and met up with some of my old neighbors. We had a blast. Your pork chops and roasted chickpeas look fab, btw. I'll surely make this dish. Thanks for commenting on my blog, Cafe LynnyLu. Good luck with your move.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys :). And Lynnylu, I agree. I grew up in NoVa and miss it like crazy- it's a great place to live :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Nicole, Good luck with your move. If you are ever in London you must stop by and sample some of the baileys/rum drink!

    ReplyDelete